Shure WB98H/C Cardioid Clip-on Instrument Microphone
Cardioid Clip-on Instrument Microphone with TA4F connector for Shure Wireless
The Shure WB98H/C (the wireless version of the BETA®98H/C) is a premium cardioid condenser instrumental microphone that clamps onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint allows the microphone to be easily positioned and secured in place, and an isolation shock-mount reduces the transmission of instrument ‘key noise’ and other mechanical noise. A gooseneck angle brace is included to provide better retention of the microphone placement during more active performances.
The 98H/C is wireless version of Shure’s Beta 98 clip-on instrument mic, and is designed to work with the Shure beltpack transmitters. With the ability to handle high SPL, the Beta 98H/C is ready for the demands of brass, woodwind, and percussion, and features a flexible integrated gooseneck with clip-on clamp for secure fit and precise positioning. No external mounting hardware required.
Also in the box
- 1 – 95A2314 Zippered Carrying Bag
- 1 – RK183WS Windscreen
- 1 – 1.6 m high-flex cable
- The WB98H/C features transformerless preamplifier circuitry, which improves linearity across the full frequency range.
- The pickup pattern of the Beta 98H/C provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
- Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) enables it to handle the extreme demands of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Uniform cardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
|Instrument Mic Type||Percussion/Drum, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||155 dB SPL (1 kHz, 1% THD, 1-Kilohm Load)|
|Sensitivity||-56 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz (Open Circuit Voltage)|
|Output Level||3 dBV (Max)|
|Dynamic Range||124 dB (1 kHz, 1-Kilohm Load)|
132 dB (1 kHz, 1-Kilohm Load)
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||63 dB A-Weighted (1 kHz, at 1 Pa/94 dB SPL)|
|Equivalent Noise Level||31 dB SPL A-Weighted|
|Output Connectors||1 x TA4/Mini XLR 4-Pin Female|
|Cable Length||5.3′ / 1.62 m|
|Operating Voltage||11 to 52 V|
|Package Weight||0.72 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.15 x 5 x 3.3″|