Shure MX185 Cardioid Wired Lavalier Microphone
Cardioid Wired Lavalier Microphone
The MX185 cardioid miniature lavalier condenser microphone is designed for use in speech applications such as broadcast presenting, speeches, lectures and for use in houses of worship.
What is an interchangeable cartridge?
All the Microflex series of microphones use interchangeable cartridges (sold separately) which means you can swap between cardioid, supercardioid and omnidirectional condenser cartridges simply by screwing them on to the top of the lavalier mic.
Want to go wireless?
The MX185 is designed for wired use and includes an in-line preamplifier and a 1.2m cable with TA4F connector. If you wish to go wireless, choose the WL185 which is the same microphone but without the pre-amplifier and connects directly into any Shure wireless bodypack.
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate sound reproduction across the audio spectrum
- Interchangeable cartridges that provide an optimal choice for each application
- Rotatable tie-clip that pivots in 90 degree increments for placement flexibility
- Supplied snap-fit foam windscreen that controls breath noise and stays on securely
- Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Supplied dual tie clip holds two microphones for dual miking applications
|Frequency Response||50Hz – 17kHz|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||94dB, (@ 1kHz, A-Weighted)|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||123dB, (@ 1kHz, 1% THD)|
|Power Requirements||11 – 52VDC (with Belt Clip Preamp, Included)|
|Output Impedance||150 Ohms (180 Ohms Actual)|
|Output Connectors||TA4-F (4-pin mini connection)|
XLR-3M Type (with included RK183T2 preamplifier)
|Applications||Radio, Videography, Television and Broadcast.|
|Dimensions||Microphone Housing: .85 x .46″ (22 x 12mm) LxDiameter|
In-Line Pre-Amp: 3.89 x .79″ (99 x 20mm) LxW
Cable: 4′ (1.2 m) Long (w/TA4F Connector)
|Weight||0.12 oz (3.4g)|
|Package Weight||0.9 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10 x 4.75 x 3.2″|