The DXR12 is an extremely high-power loudspeaker that is capable of producing a maximum SPL of 132dB with its impressive 1100W of power. It is the perfect solution for live sound applications that demand wide bandwidth and extremely high-resolution sound.
High-power, Class D amplifier
The Yamaha DXR12 employs a 700W RMS Class D amplifier to serve up vibrant, dynamic sound reinforcement. The DXR12 is bi-amped, with a full 600 watts for the LF driver and 100 watts for the HF driver. The high wattage doesn’t just let the DXR12 get loud, it gives it the headroom needed to reproduce the dynamics and nuances in your music. And thanks to the ultra-lightweight Class D amplifier, the DXR12’s big sound is still convenient to transport.
Stellar sound quality
Yamaha used a lot of innovative technology to get the maximum sonic quality out of the DXR12 powered loudspeaker. For example, Yamaha’s FIR-X tuning technology is constantly optimizing the time alignment between the HF and LF drivers, reducing phase cancellations to greatly enhance bass frequency response as well as stereo imaging. Also, the non-resonant ABS enclosure is designed to resist vibrations at high output levels, greatly reducing distortion for the best sound at extreme levels.
Built-in three-channel mixer
While a pair of DXR12 powered loudspeakers makes a great sound system, especially when paired with a Yamaha DXS subwoofer, what about those situations where you just need a little bit of reinforcement without an entire sound system? Just turn the DXR12 around, and connect up to three microphones or line-level signals for instant amplification. The versatile nature of the DXR12 makes it the ideal loudspeaker for solo musicians, as well as schools and houses of worship that need a flexible sound system for multiple applications.
Yamaha DXR12 Powered Loudspeaker Features
- High-powered portable loudspeaker with multi-use flexibility
- 12″ speaker, powered by 700W in a 2-way design
- Built-in 3-channel mixer lets you connect microphones or line-level sources directly without an entire PA system
- Built-in DSP for phase optimization and transparent dynamic control
- ABS cabinet is durable with a low-resonance design for maximum sound quality
- Power Configuration:Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size:1 x 12″
- HF Driver Size:1.4″
- LF Driver Power Amp:600W (RMS)
- HF Driver Power Amp:100W (RMS)
- Total Power:700W
- Inputs:2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4″, 2 x RCA
- Outputs:1 x XLR (Link)
- Frequency Range:52Hz-20kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL:132dB
- Horizontal Coverage Angle:90 Degrees
- Vertical Coverage Angle:60 Degrees
- Enclosure Material:ABS
- Mounting Options:Pole Mount with 1.37″ socket, Floor Wedge, 3 x M10 Fly Points
- Weight:42.5 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:DXR12