Yamaha DSR215 Speaker Aktif Dual 15-Inch 1500-Watt
Yamaha DSR-Series takes portable active loudspeakers to the extreme limits of their potential. Designed through the application of advanced Yamaha digital and acoustic technologies perfected over several decades, DSR provides a listening experience that redefines high definition sound reinforcement.
The DSR215 Active Loudspeaker features an ideal combination of advanced digital sound processing and the latest acoustic technologies for Integral Digital Tuning, plus Yamaha’s D-CONTOUR (Dynamic-CONTOUR) multiband dynamic processing for Intelligent Dynamic Control. The DSR215 is loaded with 2 Class-D amplifiers with a PFC (Power Factor Correction) switching mode power supply. One amplifier delivers 850 watts to a premium grade 12″ neodymium woofer with 3″ voice coil, and a second amplifier supplies 450 watts to a large 2″ high-purity titanium diaphragm, neodymium, high-frequency compression driver. A LTBD (Long Throw, Broad Dispersion) Constant Directivity Waveguide Horn spreads the sound across 90∞ x 60∞. The DSR215 has an impressive maximum SPL of 134dB peak.
The digital crossover networks use high-order FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filters providing linear phase response. Yamaha’s proprietary FIR-X tuning technology simultaneously optimizes frequency and phase response, whilst adjusting the time alignment between the HF and LF transducers. The end result is substantially higher sound quality than can be achieved with conventional analog crossovers. FIR-X tuning provides for the smoothest possible crossover transitions.
High Power DSP and 24-bit Discrete ADCs and DACs
All signals are precisely processed by a 48-bit internal processing, (76-bit accumulator), high-performance processor for optimum sound quality. The DSR Series speakers employ high-precision discrete ADCs and DACs with superior S/N ratio and dynamic range. The analog signal is transmitted on dual channels, converted to digital and summed inside the processor. By using this algorithm, an approximately 3dB improvement in S/N ratio was realized.
The D-CONTOUR multiband dynamic processor constantly monitors the amplifier output levels and adjusts the control system. This in turn varies the amount of boost in each frequency band, providing an ideal balance of dynamic sound with consistent clarity at all volume levels. D-CONTOUR can be turned on or off depending on the acoustic environment and type of sound desired.
1300W (LF 850W, HF450W) High Power, High Sound Quality Class-D Amplifiers
Yamaha’s next-generation Class-D amplifiers deliver as much as 1300W of power with precision damping for tight and crisp sound from compact, lightweight modules. Through the ideal combination of amplifiers, transducers, and DSP, the DSR Series loudspeakers provide the highest levels of power in their class, while maintaining precise dynamics and sound reproduction. Efficiency is such that convection cooling is all that is necessary, eliminating the need for fans.
Full Resonance Switching Mode Power Supply with PFC (Power Factor Correction)
The DSR Series employs a Yamaha-developed high-efficiency switching mode power supply with PFC. The full-resonance switching method uses both voltage resonance and current resonance, creating a clean power supply waveform with minimal high-frequency noise. PFC harmonizes the phases of the load current and power supply voltage, maximizing power output and ensuring stable operation under severe conditions. This clean, efficient power supply enables the entire speaker system to achieve its full performance potential.
3-Way Fail-Safe Protection
To ensure the highest possible reliability, the DSR Series employ many of the same protection functions used in Yamaha’s top-class TXn Series professional power amplifiers. These functions protect all aspects of the power supply, power amplifier modules and transducers so that they can operate to their full potential while ensuring fail-safe operation even under the most severe conditions.
- Dual 15″ 2-way Active Loudspeaker
- Advanced digital sound processing with 48-bit internal processing
- D-CONTOUR (Dynamic-CONTOUR) multi-band dynamic processing
- All-new 1300W Class-D amplifiers with PFC switching mode power supply
- Maximum SPL 138dB peak
- Extensive protection of the transducers, amplifiers and power supply from high performance DSP
- Extended bass response
- 5-year warranty
- Model: DSR215
- System Type: Dual 15″ 2-way, Biamp Powered Speaker, Bass-reflex Type
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 45Hz œ 20kHz
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 55Hz œ 18kHz
- Coverage Angle: H90-V60
- CrossoLver Type: FIR-X tuning (linear phase FIR filter)
- Crossover Frequency: 1.7kHz
- Measured Maximum SPL (peak) IEC noise @ 1m: 138dB SP
- Amplifier Type: Class-D
- Power Rating: 1300W
- Low-Frequency: 850W
- High-Frequency: 450W
- Cooling: Natural Convection
- ControlsLEVEL controlLINE/MIC switchHPF switchD-CONTOUR switchFRONT LED DISABLE switch, POWER switch
- IndicatorsPEAK: x1 (Red)LIMIT:x1 (Red)PROTECTION:x1 (Red)POWER:x1 (Green)FRONT:x1 (White)HPF:x1 (Orange)D-CONTOUR :x1 (Orange)
- HPF Frequency: 120Hz (-6dB) 24dB/oct
- Boost Type: D-CONTOUR (Dynamic CONTOUR)
- LoadPOWER switch on/off: MuteDC-fault: Power supply shuts down automatically (reset manually)Integral Power Protection: Limit the output (return automatically)Clip limiting
- AmplifierThermal: Limit the output or Mute (return automatically)Output through current: Amplifier shuts down automatically (reset manually)
- Power supplyThermal: Amplifier shuts down automatically (reset manually)Over voltage: Power supply shuts down automatically (reset manually)
- ConnectorsInput: XLR-3-31 x1 (Balanced), TRS Phone Jack x1 (Balanced)Output: XLR-3-32 x1 (Balanced), Parallel connection with INPUTPower: AC inlet x1
- Power Consumption (1/8 Power):140W
- Low-Frequency: 2 x 15″ cone
- Magnet: Neodymium Magnet
- Voice Coil: 2.5″ diameter
- High-Frequency: 2″ Titanium diaphragm compression driver
- Magnet: Neodymium Magnet
Dimension (W x H x D): 18-3/8″ x 45-5/8″ x 20-4/8″, (467 x 1158 x 520mm)Weight: 110 lb., (49.8 kg)Externals Finish, Color: LINE-X, BlackGrille: 16-gauge matte black powdercoated perforated steel grilleMetal Handle: 2-piece (Side Board)Input characteristics
- MIC/LINE switch: LINE
- Input Sensitivity: LEVEL position: maximum: 0dBu, LEVEL position: center (12 o’clock): +7dBu
- Maximum Input Level: +24dBu
- Input Impedance: 12kÎ
MIC/LINE switch: MIC
- Input Sensitivity (LEVEL position): maximum: -25dBu
- Maximum Input Level: -11dBu
- Input Impedance: 8kÎ