SHURE VP83 LensHopper Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
Camera-mount Shotgun Microphone with Supercardioid/Lobar Polar Pattern
Does stunning high-definition video with flat-sounding audio describe your projects? videographers recommend planting a Shure VP83 LensHopper on top of your DSLR camera or HD camcorder. This shotgun mic’s electret condenser cartridge captures detailed, superb-sounding audio and features a supercardioid/lobar polar pattern for superior off-axis noise rejection. Enjoy high-level protection against unwanted noise, thanks to an integrated Rycote Lyre shockmount, and eliminate the remaining background rumble with a built-in highpass filter. A three-position gain switch accommodates different recording environments, while an all-metal construction ensures long-lasting durability.
An instant upgrade to professional sound with your DSLR camera or HD camcorder; the VP83 is a shotgun microphone that will take your video production to the next level. Two sliders allow for quick adjustment to microphone gain and a low-cut filter to tailor your sound, wherever you find yourself creating. We’ve spent years perfecting our sound, so let us take care of your audio on your next ‘run and gun’ videography shoot with this shoe-mounted microphone for full high-definition recordings.
Where can the VP83 be used?
The VP83 allows you to easily capture detailed, high definition audio when video recording with a DSLR camera. It can also be used with portable audio recorders. The integrated coiled 3.5 mm cable connects directly to the recording device’s audio input.
What sound characteristics does it add to video recordings?
The VP83 achieves natural audio reproduction with its wide frequency range, high sensitivity, low self noise, and full low end response. Its shotgun format enables it to provide a supercardioid / lobar polar pattern. This is the most tightly directional pickup pattern possible, and it effectively blocks out background noise. A three position audio gain switch (-10 dB, 0 dB, +20 dB) lets you compensate for the loudness of different sources.
How does the VP83 handle varied and challenging acoustic environments?
You never know what you’ll face when recording outside of the studio, so the VP83 is designed to be resilient to the common challenges of on location filming:
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern
- Natural audio reproduction with wide frequency range, high sensitivity, very low self noise, and full low end response
- Three position audio gain switch (-10 dB, 0 dB, +20 dB) accommodates different recording environments
- Switchable low cut filter (highpass filter) to reduce pickup of low frequency background noise
- Integrated Rycote Lyre shock mounting system to provide isolation from vibration and mechanical noise
- Foam windscreen protects against wind noise when shooting outdoors without impacting sound quality, and compatible with Rycote Windjammer synthetic fur windscreen for particularly windy environments
- Superior RF immunity protects against unwanted audio artefacts from cellular and RF devices
- Ultra lightweight, yet durable, all metal construction designed to legendary Shure quality standards
- Up to 130 hours of battery life from 1 AA alkaline battery
- Standard size shoe mount with 6.35 mm threaded base for on camera use, or easy mounting on a stand
Shure VP83 LensHopper Includes:
- VP83 camera-mount condenser microphone
- Integrated cable
- Shoe mount
- User guide
|Form Factor||Stand/Boom Mount|
|Operating Principle||Line Gradient|
|Polar Pattern||Lobar, Supercardioid|
|High-Pass Filter||170 Hz, 12 dB/Octave|
|Gain Adjustment||-10 dB to +20 dB|
|Indicators||1 x Single LED (Power)|
|On-Board Controls||Gain/Sensitivity, High-Pass Filter, On/Off|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||129 dB SPL (1 kHz, 1% THD, 1-Kilohm Load)|
|Off-Axis Rejection||4 dB at 60°|
18 dB at 120°
17 dB at 180°
|Sensitivity||-36.5 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz (Open Circuit Voltage)|
|Output Level||-2.7 dBV (Max)|
|Dynamic Range||111.6 dB (1 kHz, 1-Kilohm Load)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||76.6 dB A-Weighted|
|Equivalent Noise Level||17.4 dB A-Weighted|
|Output Connectors (Analog)||1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRS|
|Number of Conductors||2|
|Operating Voltage||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Battery Type||1 x AA (Included)|
|Approximate Battery Life||130 Hours|
|Mounting||Camera/Shoe-Mount, Shockmount (via Integrated Hardware)|
|Mounting Thread Size||1/4″-20 Female|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 135°F / -17.78 to 57.22°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 95%|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 165°F / -28 to 73°C|
|Dimensions||H: 3.3 x W: 1.7 x L: 5.9″ / H: 83.82 x W: 43.18 x L: 149.86 mm|
|Weight||4.7 oz / 133.25 g|
|Package Weight||1.275 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.1 x 5.4 x 4.3″|