Midas XL48 8-channel Microphone Preamp
The Midas XL48 packs eight of Midas’ award-winning microphone preamplifiers plus digital connectivity in a rackable 1U format. The digital conversion quality is top-notch thanks to an extremely stable, temperature-compensated internal clock. Providing 24-bit operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96kHz, the XL48 offers digital outputs via AES3 and TOSlink optical outputs. The digital connectivity makes it a smart solution for adding inputs to a large-format sound system, and the sound quality is fit for any world-class studio. When it comes to combining mic preamplification and digital conversion in a compact unit, the Midas XL48 exceeds expectations.
Universal power supply is ideal for touring rigs
Featuring an auto-voltage-sensing universal power supply, the Midas XL48 is perfect for touring rigs. Live sound engineers know that when you’re shipping your rig around the world, power issues are always ready to damage or destroy equipment. The XL48 is ready to plug in and perform no matter where in the world you are.
Premium clocking technology
The XL48 features Midas’ temperature-compensated clock, which Midas reports as having 1 part-per-million stability. This ultra-stable clock allows the internal converters to operate free of jitter and other clocking artifacts. This also makes the XL48 an exceptional clock for syncing other devices. If you’re integrating the XL48 into a larger system with an existing clock, a BNC input allows you to sync with any external clock.
World-class Midas preamps
When you hear the sound of the XL48’s preamps at work, you’ll know any mix you create will start off with premium sound. Their high common-mode rejection ratio and low harmonic distortion produce impressive transparency. There’s a good reason international legends such as Pink Floyd, the Beach Boys, and Billy Joel were among the early adopters of Midas boards. In over 40 years, that reputation hasn’t faded.
Midas XL48 Microphone Preamplifier Features:
- 8-channel microphone preamplifier and A/D converter
- Award-winning mic preamps with 48V phantom power are a stellar solution for any studio or live sound application
- Pristine sound from 24-bit/96kHz converters, with overload protection for maximum fidelity
- Maintain sonic control with lowpass and highpass filters per each input
- 2 ADAT optical outputs and AES3 (via DB-25) outputs for digital connectivity
- 8 mic inputs with Neutrik XLR connectors, and 8 parallel inputs via DB-25
- 8 analog outputs via DB-25
- Universal auto-voltage-sensing power supply for worldwide reliability
- Preamp Type:Solid State AD Preamp
- Number of Channels:8
- Phantom Power:Yes
- Polarity Switch:Yes
- EQ:Low Pass, High Pass
- Sample Rate:44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Bit Depth:24-bit
- Analog Inputs:8 x XLR, 1 x DB-25 (parallel 8 channel)
- Analog Outputs:1 x DB-25 (8 channel)
- Digital Outputs:2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT), 1 x DB-25 (AES3)
- Clock I/O:In/Out
- Rack Spaces:1U
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:9.5 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:000-AJI02-00010