Yamaha CL5 32-Channel 34 Faders Digital Mixer
32-channel CL Series Digital Mixer with Centralogic Control Surface, Virtual Circuitry Modeling Technology, and Remote Control via Tablet or Computer
Yamaha CL series digital mixing consoles represent a new level of refinement. They offer an evolved experience in accessible mixing, plus sonic purity with sound shaping capabilities that will give the most imaginative engineer unprecedented creative freedom. The CL series embodies the leading standards in live sound in their most advanced, most expressive form. With a three-section fader layout for efficient hands-on control, the CL5 is the ideal choice for a diverse spectrum of live sound systems.
Yamaha CL5 Features
- 32-fader digital mixing console
- 72 mono and 8 stereo mixable channels
- Connect up to 8 Rio series stages boxes (sold separately) for I/O
- Touchscreen display for intuitive control over the Centralogic user interface
- Built-in Dante interface plus 3 MY-card slots for digital expansion
- Control port for computer control (wired or Wi-Fi)
- Portico 5033 EQ and Portico 5043 compressor/limiter processors designed by Rupert Neve Designs
- Dan Dugan automatic mixing system easily optimizes microphone gain and fights feedback
- Nuendo Live and Dante Virtual Soundcard licenses included
The ability to set up even complex systems quickly and easily is another benefit of Dante networking. In most cases devices on the network are recognized and set up automatically. And since patching operations that usually require a separate computer can be carried out directly from the CL console, changes to the initial setup are painless as well.
Up to Eight I/O Rack Units
Dante directly supports star network configurations, so up to eight I/O rack units can be connected to any single CL series console and conveniently located wherever they are needed most. A few simple DIP switch settings are all that is required to change to daisy-chain networking as required.
Effect Rack With More Than 50 Effects
In addition to the Premium Rack described above, the CL consoles feature an Effect Rack that allows simultaneous use of up to 8 effects from a selection of 46 ambience effects and 8 insertion effects, all of outstanding quality. Although a separate EQ rack is provided for the output buses, any of the 8 effects in the Effect Rack can be replaced by graphic EQ units as needed.
32-channel Graphic Equalizer Rack
The CL consoles also feature a GEQ rack that allows graphic EQ to be inserted into the output buses as required for room equalization and other functions. Up to 16 31-band GEQ units can be mounted in the rack for simultaneous use, and those GEQ units can be individually switched to Flex15GEQ mode, effectively providing two EQ channels that allow up to 15 bands to be used at a time. With a full rack of GEQ units all functioning in Flex15GEQ mode, you have a total of 32 GEQ channels for extensive equalization capacity.
Convenient 2-track Recording to USB Memory
2-track recording in mp3 format couldn’t be easier. Simply plug a USB memory into the USB connector on the front panel of the console and start recording. No other equipment is required. Of course playback from the USB memory is possible as well, making it a convenient source for BGM or sound effects.
Automatic Gain Control for Up To 16 Microphone Inputs
The Dugan-MY16 automatic mixer card, developed in cooperation with Dan Dugan Sound Design, provides smoothly automated microphone cueing and gain control for up to 16 input channels. Rather than using gates to open and close channels, the Dugan system uses gain sharing and fades for smooth, natural level changes.
300 Scene Memories
Up to 300 complete console setups can be stored as “scenes” and instantly recalled whenever needed. Recall Safe, Focus, and Preview functions are also provided.
Versatile Input and Output Delays
Up to 1000 ms delay on input channels facilitates precise microphone phase compensation, while up to 1000 ms delay on the output ports is useful for speaker distance compensation and room tuning.
Ample EQ and Dynamics Processing
All channels feature 4-band parametric EQ and two dynamics processors (one dynamic processor on outputs). The processors include an HPF for every input, and one also functions as a highly effective de-esser with advanced processing algorithms that also offers a bandpass mode.
16 DCA Groups
16 DCA groups allow flexible grouping of multiple input channels for simultaneous control.
8 Mute Groups
Multiple channels can be assigned to any of 8 mute groups for instant muting or un-muting, with a new Dimmer Level function.
16 User Defined Keys
A large number of console functions including Sends on Fader, Tap Tempo, and Set by Sel can be assigned to 16 User Defined Keys for instant hands-on access.
Multiple User Key Sets
Limited access to CL console functions can be provided for less experienced operators and accident prevention via multiple User Key sets that can be stored in the console itself as well as on USB memory.
5-in/5-out GPI Interface
A 5-input/5-output GPI interface allows the CL consoles to respond to input from external switches, as well as to transmit on/off status to external devices.
- Channels:32 + 2 master faders, 72 mono channel mixing plus 8 stereo channels
- Inputs – Mic Preamps:8 x XLR
- Phantom Power:8
- Outputs – Direct:8 x XLR (line out)
- Inputs – Digital:2 x RJ-45 (Dante)
- Outputs – Digital:2 x RJ-45 (Dante), 1 x XLR (AES/EBU)
- Busses/Groups:16 send Mix bus, 8 send Matrix bus
- Channel Inserts:Internal
- Talkback:1 x XLR
- MIDI I/O:In/Out
- Data I/O:1 x D-Sub GPI (15-pin female), 1 x Ethernet
- USB:1 x USB Type A
- Computer Connectivity:Ethernet
- I/O Expansion Slots:3 x Card slots available (DSP cards or mini-YGDAI cards)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- Word Clock:In/Out
- Faders:26 x 100mm faders
- EQ Bands:4-band parametric channel EQ, 31-band Graphic EQ, 15-band flex EQ,
- Effects:Reverbs, Delays, Modulation, Premium Rack compressor modeling and more
- DAW Control:Yes (via Dante)
- Weight:79.4 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:CL5