Boss JB-2 Angry Driver Guitar Pedal Effect
Overdrive/Distortion Pedal for Electric Guitar with BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver and JHS Angry Charlie Voices
The JB-2 Angry Driver pairs the tones of the iconic BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver with JHS Pedals’ popular Angry Charlie. Working closely together, the two pedal innovators have developed an all-new combined circuit with refined sound and performance perfectly tuned for dual-mode drive operation.
The JB-2 Angry Driver features three dual-concentric knobs that provide independent drive, tone, and level control for each overdrive type. Via a six-position mode selector, you can use each overdrive independently, or combine them together in series and parallel configurations. With the ability to blend the Blues Driver’s famously expressive low-to-mid gain tones with the Angry Charlie’s aggressive rock voice in any combination, the JB-2 Angry Driver delivers unmatched range and versatility from a single overdrive pedal.
BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver supplies smooth overdrive
The BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver simulates the sound of a vintage tube amplifier — a killer creamy yet crunchy tonal blend. It’s like having a finely-aged vintage tube amplifier in your rig. If you’re playing blues, or if you’re wanting to give your rock rig a different overdriven flavor than every other guitar player on the block, you’ll love the warm overdrive and emotive distortion the Blues Driver adds to your rig.
JHS Angry Charlie delivers hot-rodded high-gain
The JHS Angry Charlie captures the essence of British tone, turning your guitar amp into a sonic flamethrower. The Angry Charlie makes conjuring high-gain tones a breeze, delivering the rich bass response, thick mids, and balanced high end you’d expect from a hot-rodded British stack. When they designed the Angry Charlie, JHS faithfully replicated a full British-style tone stack.
Put them together for an endless array of tones
JHS Pedals founder Josh Scott is a longtime admirer of the BOSS Blues Driver, and even credits the classic overdrive pedal with sparking his interest in stompbox building. So when the opportunity arose to collaborate with BOSS President Yoshi Ikegami, he was absolutely stoked. The two passionate pedal designers experimented with endless combinations of stompboxes, and BOSS’s Blues Driver and JHS’s Angry Charlie were the clear winners. Since the Blues Driver covers low gain so well, it acts as the perfect complement to the Angry Charlie’s high-gain tones. We love stacking overdrives — it provides a multitude of different shadings and textures — and we’ve found the JB-2 to be a match made in tonal heaven.
Boss JB-2 Angry Driver Features
- All-new overdrive pedal with massive tonal range, jointly developed by BOSS and JHS Pedals
- Combines the voices of the BD-2 Blues Driver from BOSS and Angry Charlie from JHS Pedals
- Three dual-concentric knobs provide independent drive, tone, and level control for each overdrive type
- Mode selector for choosing individual overdrive types, two series connections for stacking, or parallel connection for unique new sounds
- Also includes a mode for toggling between BOSS and JHS overdrives with the built-in pedal switch
- Remote switch jack for controlling pedal modes and bypass from an optional footswitch or effects switching system
- Multi-color LED indicator shows BOSS mode (blue), JHS mode (red), and both together (purple)
- BOSS five-year warranty
Nominal Input Level-20 dBuInput Impedance1 M ohmNominal Output Level-20 dBuOutput Impedance1 k ohmRecommended Load Impedance10 k ohms or greaterControlsPedal switch
MODE knob, DRIVE knob, TONE knob, LEVEL knobIndicatorCHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)ConnectorsINPUT jack, OUTPUT jack, REMOTE jack, AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)Power SupplyAlkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
AC adaptor (sold separately)Current Draw50 mAExpected battery life under continuous useAlkaline: Approx. 9.5 hours
Carbon: Approx. 2.5 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.AccessoriesOwner’s Manual, Leaflet (“USING THE UNIT SAFELY,” “IMPORTANT NOTE,” and “Information”) Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)Option (sold separately)AC adaptor (PSA series)
Foot switch: FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7SIZE AND WEIGHTWidth73 mm
2-7/8 inchesDepth129 mm
5-1/8 inchesHeight59 mm
2-3/8 inchesWeight (including battery)440 g