Allen & Heath dLive S5000 28-Faders 6-Layers Digital Mixer
Control Surface with Dual 12″ Touchscreens, 28 Faders, 26 SoftKeys, 6 Rotary Controls, 8 XLR Inputs/Outputs, 2 AES Inputs, 3 AES Outputs, Word Clock I/O, 2 Option I/O Slots, External VGA Output, Dual GigaACE Link, and DX Expander Link
dLive is Allen & Heath’s flagship digital mixing system. The dLive S Class was created for professional touring, broadcast and premium installation. dLive C Class makes the power of dLive available in an accessible, compact format, making it ideal for corporate AV, houses of worship, regional rental companies and theatres.
The S5000 is a medium-sized control Surface for the dLive MixRack, with the addition of built-in audio I/O and audio networking ports. It features 28 faders over 6 layers, dual 12″ capacitive touchscreens and the innovative Harmony UI for the fastest workflow in the industry.
Allen & Heath dLive S5000 Control Surface Features:
- Control surface for dLive mixing systems
- Dual 12″ touchscreens deliver intuitive control and at-a-glance visual feedback
- 28 faders and 3 pages of 6 rotary controllers provide superb tactile control
- Assignable inputs, virtual scribble strips, and 26 customizable SoftKeys for ease of use
- Dedicated multimode EQ view for easy sound shaping
- Configurable widget areas provide you with quick access to scenes, meters, effects, and more
- Dual redundant hot-swappable power supply capability offers amazing reliability
- Durable high-grade metal construction
Harmony user interface yields incredible tactile control
The Allen & Heath dLive S5000 isn’t a digital mixer hiding under an analog-looking surface; it unleashes the full potential of digital, providing you with levels of control that are impossible in an all-analog world. If you’ve used a smartphone or tablet, you’ll find the S5000’s pinch, swipe, drag, and drop gestures familiar and incredibly easy to grasp. A dedicated multimode EQ view makes sound shaping as easy as wiggling your fingers. Configurable widget areas provide you with quick access to scenes, meters, effects, and other customizable controls. One-knob/one-function rotary controls and assignable SoftKeys give you immediate control over processing functions.
Incredible at-a-glance visual feedback and transparent workflow
Using the Allen & Heath dLive S5000 is simple. A quick glance at this console tells you everything you need to know. Despite the incredible arsenal of functions available, you won’t find yourself lost in complex menus. You don’t need to adapt to a different way of working to mix on the S5000. Its layout is completely customizable, so you can create a mixing interface that matches the way you like to work. Every input or mix can be assigned to every bank and/or layer. Virtual scribble strips ensure that all inputs and mixes are clearly named and color coded. And the S5000’s screens remain clearly visible in sunny outdoor settings.
dLive systems offer insane levels of expandability
The Allen & Heath dLive S5000, when used in conjunction with MixRacks and expanders, combines to form a powerful and infinitely expandable system. A dLive system is capable of delivering up to a mind-boggling 848 x 848 inputs and outputs, all running at 96kHz. The MixRack is the brain of the system, containing the XCVI core, and is supported by a whole host of surfaces, apps, software, TCP/IP control, and IP remotes, all of which provide different means of controlling the mixer. You get five 128-channel I/O ports that support Dante, Waves SG, ACE, and MADI, along with DX32 modular I/O expanders and full compatibility with ME personal mixing systems. At Sweetwater, we’ve found that dLive systems are flexible enough to tackle any mixing challenge that we throw at them.
- Type:Digital Console
- Channels:28 channel faders with 6 layers
- Inputs – Mic Preamps:8 x XLR
- Phantom Power:8
- Outputs – Direct:8 x XLR (line level)
- Outputs – Other:2 x 1/4″ (headphones), 2 x 1/8″ (headphones)
- Inputs – Digital:2 x XLR (AES3)
- Outputs – Digital:3 x XLR (AES3)
- Busses/Groups:64 bus internal architecture (including all groups, aux, matrix, mains, effects)
- Data I/O:2 x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet, 2 x gigaACE Link Ethernet, 2 x DX link EtherCon ports
- USB:3 x USB Type A
- Computer Connectivity:Ethernet, USB (2 x 2)
- I/O Expansion Slots:2 x card slots (128×128 channels each, iLive/GLD option cards)
- Word Clock:In, Out
- Faders:20 x motorized faders
- EQ Bands:4-band parametric EQ
- Effects:16 RackFX
- Weight:62 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:AH-DLIVE-S5